Joseph M. Cloud
With North Alabama roots stretching back over 200 years, Joe Cloud’s heritage is as much a part of the landscape as the mountains and valleys in which he was raised. The son of a WWII veteran tail-gunner who became the first lawyer in the family and of a mother who raised her four younger siblings after her own mother’s death, Joe was formed by people who understood hard work, determination and compassion. For over 30 years, he has represented his clients with integrity and a dogged focus that has resulted in his being recognized by Best Lawyers in America since 2000, and designated by his peers with the highest possible AV Preeminent Rating through Martindale-Hubbell for the past 20 years.
With Joe as your advocate, he understands that you are up against the fight of your life. You can count on him being there every step of the way. With verdicts, awards and settlements totaling over $70 million, he has proven to be an extraordinarily competent ally and formidable litigator on his client’s behalf. Battling for your rights as a victim of any kind of accident or injury is why he pursued a career in law and why he wants to go to work for you.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
Joe is your advocate, fighting on your behalf to recover money for you. Victims who have been seriously injured need an experienced, respected attorney who will protect their rights. Whether you were injured in an automobile accident, a collision with a tractor-trailer, hurt on the job, by a defective product, in an industrial accident, or have most any type of insurance claim, Joe knows how to prosecute your case.
He has handled or tried cases in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Texas and Pennsylvania.
- AV Rated by Martindal Hubble for more than 15 years
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Civil Litigation involving defective products and negligence
- $17,308,000 Judgement for Breach of Contract and Fraud
- $10,750,000 Verdict for a Product Liability Settlement
- $6,600,000 Settlement for Commercial Fraud
- $5,200,000 Settlement for Fraud and Negligence
- $4,400,000 Settlement for an Auto Accident
- $3,500,000 Settlement for an Industrial Accident
- $3,300,000 Settlement for a Workers Compensation Claim
- $3,300,000 Settlement for an Industrial Accident
- $3,000,000 Settlement for a Defective Auto Part
- $2,200,000 Settlement for an Industrial Accident
- $1,300,000 Settlement for Fraud and Bad Faith
- $1,100,000 Verdict for Medical Malpractice
- $1,100,000 Settlement for Financial Negligence
- $980,000 Settlement for Abuse
- $750,000 Settlement for a Defective Product
Joe Cloud is a graduate of the University of Alabama and Cumberland School of Law.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Alabama Supreme Court
- United States Federal District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama
Professional and community involvement
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice, formerly known as the Alabama Trial Lawyers Association, where he served on the Board of Governors and Executive Committee for many years